Friday, February 10, 2006

3 A.M. Party Poker...

I should really go to bed. It is almost 4 A.M.

I joined a tournament and played 5 hours before midnight. I placed 26th out of 748. I felt good about my performance. Since midnight I have been trying to get up just a little at the 3/6 Hold-em o on-line so I can get to bed.

The cards are not good and I am waiting for a good hand. Meanwhile, I am watching my tournament win money, get blinded away. It is really amazing to think that people all over the world are playing me. Most of them at this table are up really late because they are on the west coast or South America. But, for a few on the east coast it is probably time for them to head to work.

Well, I finally won my first pot in over 2 hours. And it was on a stone cold bluff. AQd and K 4 6 rainbow came on my big blind after I had raised pre-flop. I bet out on the flop, turn and river. 3 people called on the flop, 2 called turn, and nobody called on the river. What a crazy game.

I finally realized today that I still play too loose on the small games, 2/4 & 3/6. I have got to stop that leak in my game.

When I play N/L tournaments I only play premium hands. When I play 8/16 & 20/40 Limit I play premium hands, but when I play lower limits, I tell myself there are so many bad players at this limit that I can outplay them. Well, maybe I do, but I get sucked out a lot and end up losing money time after time.

I just did it again. I tend to underestimate the players at the smaller games. That is becoming an expensive mistake. I just chased a guy all the way to the river, because I thought he was bluffing. He wasn't. Then the very next hand he wins a large pot by chasing 3 people to the river with J/2 off suit. It's a mad, mad, world out there.

Good night........

No comments: