Friday, September 08, 2006

Life is short... invest in memories...

We were planning on going on vacation next Thursday and driving the RV up to the Canadian Rockies. And then I was going to take a month to see how many poker rooms I could play in between Canada and San Diego.

Well, we received some bad news. One of my sister-in-laws in Chicago has been given 1-2 weeks to live. So, we decided to modify our trip and go to Colorado for a week or so. While we are there we will monitor how she is doing and then drive to Chicago to suppport my brother and their children after she passes on.

I will do my best to update this blog, but there may be a few days that I won't get around to it while we are traveling.

If you are a "praying person", say a little prayer for my Brother John, and his two boys and their families. Donna is a great person and added much to our lives.

Tell somebody today," that you love, how you feel about them". My wife and I have a saying that we have adopted from our cell phone conversations and have applied it to our life in general. " In case I get cut-off I want you to know I love you and no regrets....."

In poker news I understand this year's winner, J. Gold, will have 6 million dollars of the 12 million released to him from Harrah's for his win at the WSOP. Apparently, there is merit in the case that he promised to split it with someone. So the court will decide the disposition of the rest of the prize money.

Tonight, I watched the conclusion of the PPT event. I enjoyed it a lot more then the WPT and hope it stays around. However, I am hearing viewership for all TV poker shows have decreased this year.

Tomorrow night Vegas, and then on to Colorado and the midwest. I had no idea when my mom and sister were here last weekend from Chicago I would be seeing them again so soon.

To rip off Forest Gump, "Life is like a game of poker. You never know what hand you will be dealt next......."

No comments: