Sunday, November 23, 2008

A gray day in Oregon...


With our head still full of the events that had happened earlier that morning we continued driving North on I5. We decided to keep on driving all the way up Oregon to spend the night in front of Caren’s dad’s home in North-East Salem.




Bill is in his mid eighties and has alzhiemers disorder. He is still is good physical shape, but unable to to care for himself.


Patti, Caren’s younger sister, and her husband Tracy, live there full-time to render 24/7 care to him. They do a great job taking care of him and his home.

That evening we all stayed up too late laughing and talking with them. Finally, we went out to the RV well past midnight.

The next day Caren, and her three sisters, went out together for lunch and a day of shopping.I took the RV for fuel and LPG and then pulled into a Pet Smart parking lot for most of the afternoon to read, use the computer, and take a nap. Caren was going to call me when the ladies inish up their day.

Mid-afternoon a cold dense fog settled over Salem and continued for almost 48 hours.Wow, was the weather depressing. I felt like I was trapped in a “half-life” game and the sun had been destroyed. They told me it is like that a lot in the winter in Oregon.I don’t think I could make it one winter in weather like that. They are a strong lot to be able to endure that kind of weather, that I find so depressing.

That evening we parked the RV by the side of Ed & Lindy’s (Caren’s eldest sister) home in central Salem. There we were able to plug into electricity. (That was a good thing because my solar collectors on the RV roof weren’t charging our batteries.)

We visited with Ed & Lindy that evening and went to bed pretty early after watching a video they let us borrow. We awoke the next morning to another gray day in Oregon.

No comments: