Saturday, December 06, 2008

Live from Sacramento it's "Animal House"

Wednesday, I spent much of the day developing the Sacramento area Pet Therapy meetup group and website. Because we recently moved to a new town, and we are also new at training Coco to be a “Therapy Dog”, I decided to combine both of our needs into one effort. This group will help us in training Coco and meeting new people in our community. There has already been a great response and interaction on the website. I scheduled our first face to face meetup meeting for next Saturday. We already have 14 rsvps.! It should be a lot of fun.
I spent the rest of the day playing poker on-line. I took a break and went out to check out a couple of less expensive long term storage places for my RV. The place we have it in now, is so close and nice, but if I drive a few miles, I can save half the monthly fee. I discovered some RV storage places have high tech and the latest equipment. Some have ancient facilities and junkyard dogs that guard the place at night. They are probably both just as effective. Though, I would rather try to hack into a high tech security, then try to subdue junk yard dogs. Lol.

Thursday was a “dog day”. I took Grace and Mercy for shots and their annual physical. Coco had her nails done, while I ran errands most of the day. I made for our dinner meal, a "speciality" an old friend used to always make us when we went to his home for dinner. Spaghetti & Fried Chicken.
Caren shopped all evening and took a much needed break from the duties of the house and assisting Carrie’s health issue. Please keep praying for Carrie, this is really hard on her.












Caren had the privilege of attending a gala social event for women at the “The Gathering Place” in Folsom. I called Phil to see if he wanted to “hang out” during the women’s event and found myself “roped into” being one of the food serves at the event Caren was attending. It was fun to work with the other guys, and I got a great meal out of it.










My son-in-law David had never been to a live hockey game. He was going to attend one with us last xmas in Las Vegas, but Carrie got sick and he stayed in the hotel room with her. Last Tuesday I went to a Sharks game with Jonathan. So,when I heard Sac State’s Ice Hockey team played only a few miles from our house David and I, went to the 9:30 p.m. game between Sac State and UC Davis.

It was a lot of fun. If you consider being jammed packed and having to stand the whole time shoulder to shoulder with drunk coeds and college guys fun. They screamed the whole time, taunted each other, yelled obscenities and some of them might have fallen down drunk, but since we were so jam packed nobody fell down. It was like being trapped in a live National Lampoon Animal House movie. It was a lot of fun, we are planning on going back next Friday.

No comments: