Friday, October 17, 2008

Guess who is coming to dinner....

Carrie our daughter had her minor surgery today, it went well. She may need another one, but this one went the way it was supposed to. Thanks to all of you who said a prayer for her.

Her mommy took care of her, along with her very supportive husband, while I was the official “dog sitter” and cook. I made hot dogs and biscuits for dinner along with hot cinnamon rolls. There should be a joke somewhere there, but I can’t seem to find it.

So tomorrow, Caren and I are taking off in the RV for Clearlake, the wine country, and the redwoods. I will update you from there.

This Wednesday night, we did have one event I forgot to tell you about. We went to dinner at Phil and Donna Jones home in Folsom. They are such great people. We have had mutual close friends for the past 30 years, but only in the last year have we gotten to know them.

We arrived at their beautiful home at 6 p.m. and were warmly greeted by them. After showing us around their home, they made a quick phone call. They wanted to show off their 4 grand children, that live just 7 houses down the block. Their 27 year old daughter, and son-in-law and 4 grand children came down and warmly greeted us and played with for awhile. What a great family.

Then we had a fantastic, old-fashioned home-made pot roast dinner, with the best gravy I have tasted in awhile. Then the finale to that fantastic meal, was the best pecan pie, I have ever tasted. They even sent three pieces home with us.


Over the next two days, I kept trying to save one of the pieces for Dave or Carrie and the pieces of pecan pie just kept disappearing. (I think our house must have been broken into, and the robbers took them. I can’t believe I ate all three pieces over the next two days.)



The weather has been warm and sunny and we are beginning to appreciate many areas of Sacramento we are visiting and learning about.
Next, on to the Redwoods…….

1 comment:

Unknown said...

BOY,,,, DONNA IS A AWESOME COOK ISN'T SHE. I BET YOU TWO WERE IN HOG HEAVEN :) YUM YUM IS ALL I'VE GOT TO SAY. MISSING U GUY'S. COME HOME PLEASE :( LOL XOXO JANE