Friday, October 17, 2008

Three dog week....




It’s been a 3 dog week.

Monday, we left Marysville, after a night in the Super-WalMart, parked less then 55 feet from the busiest freight train tracks connecting Northern and Southern California. I never knew so much still moved by rail. The ground shook, the train whistles howled, and the clacky-clack of the tracks almost drowned out my snoring.

Coco, and I were out walking, when the first one came by, and she tucked her tail, and wanted to run back to the RV. If I had a tail I would have done the same.

After her 3rd one, when she heard the train wail, she would run to the window to watch it go by. Traveling is even educational for dogs.

We arrived Monday afternoon at our daughter Carrie’s and son-in-law David’s home in the Foothills Farms section of Sacramento, got some laundry done, greeted their two dogs, Gracie & Mercy and enjoyed sitting in their backyard in the warm sun while Coco ran with his “cousins”.

David and I went out for Mongolian BBQ that evening, while Caren and Carrie hung out together.


Later, after visiting late into the evening, Caren and I went to sleep in the RV in front of their house. They have a guest room, and we will be staying here, when we move up. But, if you have read this blog for the last two weeks, you know, Caren prefers sleeping in the RV, then almost more then anywhere.

The next morning after eating all that Mongolian BBQ, she told me the smell was eeking out of my pores. She said, it felt like she had slept with Genghis Khan. I said great, tomorrow I will have Italian, and we can play Marco Polo. (lol) Marco.......

We were only planning on staying till Wednesday night, and then meeting our Son, Jonathan in San Francisco, but a complication came up for Carrie.

She has been having a health issue, that might have to go to surgery, and the pain had been increasing over the past couple of weeks. She stayed home from work Tuesday in obvious pain, and Wednesday came home in such pain, she scheduled an emergency Dr. appointment for Thursday, and then a minor surgery was scheduled for Friday.

We cancelled our time with Jonathan for Thursday, and decided to stay around and help her through the procedure.

Caren, is a great mommy and Carrie needed her, and Caren needed to be her mommy, at this time. So here I sit as the official three dog sitter. I knew I would discover my purpose in life eventually.


My heart is already in San Francisco, but my body is in Sacramento.

I will post some pictures later, my camera batteries are dead and I have to go out and get some batteries.

No comments: